Saturday, April 9, 2016

Lonesome

I had the experience to participate one of the best stake conferences I had ever seen. It was new and exciting. The stake president decided to focus on the music for the conference program. We had the amazing opportunity to sing primary songs as a congregation and watch as my ward choir sang "I am a Child of God" in ten different languages. It was definitely one for the books, especially since one of the speakers was a catholic who currently lives in my ward. However, what I want to focus on is a talk that was given, that really touched my heart. I guess it is because I really related to it. He talked about being lonely. The speaker explained his own personal experience, and how school was going great, he had a girlfriend, a nice job, and life was going great, yet he still felt lonely.

I found it so interesting that someone of his caliber could still feel loneliness. I then realized that anyone can feel loneliness and that it is okay. The problem is when you do not address it. The speaker shared his experience about how he handled. Basically, he asked the Lord's help and sought peace through the gospel. It brought a new light into his life.

I often feel loneliness, and I think we all do, even when life seems "perfect." However, the Lord is ready to help and to heal us. He can bring us peace if we seek it and we can be blessed with it. I am going to work more diligently to seek the Lord to fight loneliness, and to remember that I am never truly alone, but have the support and love of my Father on high.

No comments:

Post a Comment