Saturday, January 30, 2016

A Week of Challenges

You know those weeks you have where everything seems to go exactly how you don't want them to go? That is how I would explain this week. It started off super busy with multiple assignments due and quizzes to prepare for in the first few days; however, Thursday was the worst. I have recently bought a new car, and went to go get the oil changed. While changing the oil, the mechanic did an inspection and found many things wrong that needed to be fixed immediately. The worst part, the previous owner had told me that many of the parts had been replaced recently. I was a little upset, and had to get a loan from the bank of Mom and Dad to get it fixed (for those who don't know me, I HATE asking my parents for money). It really put me into a sad mood and the rest of the week seemed to go downhill afterward.

I did learn an important lesson though. Whenever you are looking to buy something big, like a house, car, etc. Find an expert and get their opinion. I had tried to do research, but I am not a car savvy person. I needed to reach out more to find a true expert. Also, be careful in who you trust. Unfortunately, many people lie anymore, I don't know if the previous owner purposefully or unknowingly sold me the car with mechanical issues, but I should have looked further into it. The good thing is the problem is solved, and in the future, I am going to be consulting an expert before I start dishing out money for a big purchase.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry that this happened to you! I am always afraid that I will make a mistake when making an important decision so I always call my dad and get his opinion before I do anything. I do this because in my experience, he knows everything. However, I am starting to get to the point in my life where I am learning things that my dad knows nothing about. I need to be better about reaching out to others who might have experience in these areas instead of just depending on my dad.

    ReplyDelete