Friday, January 22, 2016

Well another week has gone by, and it went by so quickly. This last week, I learned how to properly give feedback. I have had many moments in my life, where feedback/criticism was needed to be given. In the past, I always wanted to be the one to receive it, but not to dish it out. I now realize that that is very selfish and shortsighted. Feedback is useful to everyone, and so I need to learn how to give it and to give it more often. In my communications class, we did role-plays and we had to write up a script beforehand. It was hard, but I learned so much. I learned the importance of trying to be in the other persons shoes and to look to get the whole picture, and that by doing so, we can make the feedback even more precise and valuable to the receiver. Now that I have learned the steps of feedback and how to make it count, I now am going to work on not being afraid of confrontation and to work on giving feedback in an effective manner. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you! I think that is definitely one of the most important things we can learn - how to effectively give and receive feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely difficult sometimes to give feedback to others, in fear of losing your relationship with them, offending them, etc. I think trying to get in their shoes first is the most important like you said in your article. I wish you the best of luck in your feedback endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the exact way when in comes to feedback. I am very appreciative of the perspective given to us from "The Gift" and I will continue to apply it into my everyday life as the act of service that it is! All of us have great potential, but without feedback, we cannot progress! This has been so insightful for me and I appreciate your insight on the matter. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete