Thursday, January 7, 2016

Back to the Grind

With the holiday season over, it's back to school, and that can be seen with either horror or excitement. This time around, I was excited. New classes, mean an opportunity to meet new people and create friendships. It also allows me the chance to push myself in new materials to be studied. On top of a new semester, it is a new year filled with goals, dreams, and ambitions. I hope to give all of my readers a taste of hope. Hope that it is possible to change, and achieve our goals and desires. I am a simple everyday person just like you, and if I can do it, you most certainly can.

This semester, I am taking a few classes that I am pretty excited about. One in particular is my communications class. The teacher started off with a bang in her presentation. She showed confidence and power while delivering the syllabus. I immediately knew I was in the right class. I am normally a shy and quiet guy that keeps to himself. I am a good student and often have comments, but for some reason I feel almost embarrassed to share these thoughts. So what I learned this week is that I need to step out of the box. I need to open my mouth and participate in my classes, share my thoughts and ideas. By doing so, I hope to be a more sociable person.

Now wanting something, and doing are entirely different. However, I have a plan. It isn't a genius plan, it's actually quite simple. I have the goal to make one comment or ask one question in each class each day. I started doing this on Wednesday, and so far so good. I will be an active class participant yet. 

2 comments:

  1. That is an awesome goal! I like hearing that someone feels the same way I do about school. I have the same problem where it seems this semester half of my classes require more input and comments than I've ever given in my life. I'm not a fan of speaking out in class, but now that it's required I may consider setting a goal like that for myself as well. Thanks for your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the critical point in your post is about your plan. Everyone has goals, and we all talk about them, but you realize that a goal is nothing without the plan to support it. I can definitely appreciate the effort to make the comment in each class. It may not seem like much, but the consistent effort will do wonders for your ability to put yourself out there. Great work!

    ReplyDelete