Friday, March 18, 2016

A Little Web Design Here, A Little HTML There

The past few weeks, in my Information Systems 201 class, I have been learning the basics to web design and how to use html/css in order to create a webpage. It was a topic that seemed difficult and daunting at first, but after starting to work through the material, I found it to actually be quite enjoyable. Being able to create something in the virtual world was so cool. After learning the basics, I was able to manipulate the pages, fonts, pictures, videos, etc. to be however I wanted them to be. I could place them in whatever order seemed pleasing to me. It was amazing.


I feel I may have found a possible new hobby. It is definitely a very useful tool, and one that I hope to continue to use. Just the ability to create something is so cool. It is who we are. We are children of an all powerful creator, and as his children, it is in our DNA to create. We live in a world with so much destruction, imagine if we started to create instead. We could turn the world around.


I now want to focus on being a creator, not just in the virtual world, but in the real world. I want to lift those around me. I find it funny, how we can learn so much from such miniscule things around us. From learning to create a webpage, I discovered that we are meant to be creative beings. We are meant to lift up and not tear down.

2 comments:

  1. I am also in IS201. It can be fun to create and make something as cool as a website. As we work hard at a certain skill we can truly prepare to create incredible things. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took that class last semester and never quite got to the point HTML was enjoyable, but I love seeing it inspire the creator in you! I never thought about that, how our potential is to be a creator and all we do here to develop that will just help us in the future. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete