Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Online Interview

This week in my communications class, I had the opportunity to do my first mock online interview. I had never done anything like it and I was quite nervous. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I did notice some things that I need to change. First off, in the beginning, I was blinking too much. I think it was because I was nervous. Also, I learned that the camera needs to be further away that way, I can more fully incorporate my hands and body when I am speaking. I tried doing it in my online interview, and there just wasn't space for everything. Also, I need to focus at looking at the camera at all times. For the most part, I was looking at the camera, but every now and then, my eyes would drift, and it seemed a little unprofessional to not keep "eye contact."

Now that I have experienced it, next time will be better. With an increasing use of technology, I am sure that this will not be the last time that I will have an online interview. So now I need to continue to make improvements and remain calm when the true moment arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment