Saturday, March 12, 2016

Preparations

This week was a busy one. It was also one of those weeks were you need to make preparations for everything. I had a couple of mid-terms, an interview for a summer job, a couple of dates, and so much more. What I most learned this week is how so many things in life require preparation, and how becoming a good preparer, can help you to be so much more successful in life.

I feel that most people, including myself, do give an honest effort to prepare before-hand. Where we suffer is preparing effectively. We go through the motions to say, "there we go, I did it," rather than, "there we go, I am ready." I noticed this for my interview. I had gone through questions before, I had practiced different scenarios, but the questions they had were totally different than I had expected and had caught me off guard. I should have focused more on questions specific for the position, and not just the general questions asked in just any interview. Also, test prep, is a great example. How many times do we quickly read through our notes, look at power points posted by the teacher to say that we study, and then are disappointed when we don't receive the desired grade? It has happened to me too many times.

Now, as for the future. I feel making plans and goals to become a more prepared person is needed. I need to focus on the quality of preparation, and doing it to actually prepare myself rather than to just check it off of the list. I am going to work having high quality studying and planning sessions during the week that way I am prepared and ready for the many adventures and challenges that life throws at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment